irdwaterville@eircom.net

+353-66-9474366

Entrance to Cable Station

This is the main entrance to the Commercial Cable Station Company which commenced operations in 1884. Worldwide telegraphs were received and transmitted from here. At its peak Waterville was one of the largest cable stations in the world. Iveragh Terrace and later West View Terrace were houses built for Commercial Cable Company staff and their families.

Download PDF
To Top ↑